What Is a Skin Tag.
Skin tags are an overgrowth and elongation of a normal skin. Typically skin tags occur in people between the age of forty and sixty years old, but may also be found on younger people. The pigment are normally flesh colored. Skin tags are simply the elongation of a small area of skin. It can appears under the arms, breasts, and on the neck as well as the upper thighs and inguinal regions. Basically anywhere on the body and the appearance doesn’t looks appealing..
Many people are not bothered by the presence of skin tags. Unless it appears on the face, eyelids or places that can be easily seen and mostly because it is quite embarrassing..
They may, however, become irritated, sometimes caught in clothing, or seem to multiply more and more. Skin tags are not malignant and do not necessarily need to be removed. Skin tags are irritating and it can also bleed. Fortunately there are many effective ways of skin tag removal.
Few Approaches For Skin Tags Removal.
- One alternatives for skin tags removal is to consult a nearby doctor. Freezing with liquid nitrogen or clipping the skin tags off after numbing with a local anesthetic are both effective and safe methods of skin tag removal.
- However the combination of the cost of an office visit, procedure fee, and possibly a pathology charge could have a negative impact on your bank balance for what amounts to a cosmetic procedure.
- Have a skin tag you want to get rid off, but don’t have the time or money to see a specialist, Worth a Try…
Home Remedies For Skin Tags.
- Home treatments for skin tag removal are also an options. Just like what the doctors are doing, many people simply snip small skin tags off without the benefit of anesthesia. In choosing this method, be sure to sterilize the instruments with either heat such as boiling water or a flame, or a chemical disinfectant made for such purposes. Placing a small amount of antibiotic ointment on the base will also help prevent infection.
- Other options for home skin tag removal include tying thread or thin string tightly around the base. This removes the blood supply and the skin tag will fall off.
- Topical remedies are also effective. Mixing a paste of Castor oil and backing soda and applying it to the skin tags several times daily is a popular solution. There are also several over the counter topical remedies for skin tag removal which work within days.
If you are serious about removing your skin tags, I highly recommend you check out the Revitol Skin Tag Removal treatment. A simple cream, but definitely delivers!